Why do I choose to draw/paint portraits/figures

instead of landscapes, still lifes, etc....?

for me, it's simply personal. i draw/paint portraits, figures, based on my interpretation - how i'm feeling, my response to my subject. and then i guess it bounces off of them and back to me, and in turn to the viewer. i'm not a writer, never claimed to be, but i feel i have stories to be told, and thru my work, i hope to do just that. writers write what they know, i draw/paint what i know, and what i know is me.

and - the human is one of gods greatest creations, right? that's how i feel anyway. i'm not a particularly religious person, at all, but very spiritual. i'm kind of paying tribute, love, and respectfulness, authentic values to the subject whatever their current condition, but thru my eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts