On the Mend - What Hurricane Ike taught me (Funny)

here's my list...

...i now take the term 'spit bath' literally.
...when in the grocery store shopping for your 10 gallons of drinking water you can tell just who has lights and water, and who doesn't by simply looking at the shoppers hair, oh, and the 10 gallons of drinking water is a hint too.
...it's hard keeping up with the Jones' if their power/water has been turned on and yours hasn't.
...i can actually fall asleep at 8:30pm!
...dreams about air conditioning and showers are completely normal.
...this is the first category 2 hurricane i've met that had cat 4 or 5 tendencies...can you say C-R-A-Z-Y!
...a day before the storm not a bird, or squirrel could be found in my yard..note to self: the animals know something I don't...hide!
...i have a new hobby:, collecting generators and extension cords.
...raisin' cane comes directly after a hurricane-that is until the power returns, and the a/c cools you down a bit.
...hunting for water, ice, and fuel reminded me of the movie "its a mad, mad, mad, mad world" - just not as funny.
...when i thank God for everything, I will include my utilities.

***Please be sure to see my drawing "Tempest". I've been told she reminds some of Shakespeare . She's very naughty to cause so much trouble.***

Comments

Popular Posts