Oil on Canvas ....Complete: "Nos Da"


"Nos da"
16x16
oil on canvas

Such a lovely thing...sleep. I think so. To be at peace, to rest easy - to just drift off to sleep, and maybe even dream something nice.

--------
really, i prefer painting this way, not sure why i don't more often, i think sometimes i feel - or think to myself - rather question myself - what's right and whats wrong - or even deeper, whats the proper way to paint, and the like. maybe there is no 'proper' way, but maybe only my way, or your way. i'll keep doing things my way, it feels natural.

thanks for following along.

this painting along with "Summer" will be in the Pearl MFA later this month.

Comments

Peter Brown said…
Dawn, you're asking the same questions I'm sure most artists ask themselves at some stage - what an insecure bunch we are!

I like your painting very much - the composition and execution are first class and I think you've found your very own "proper" way to paint.
Peter, you're right. We all suffer from it from time to time.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I think I have too. Thats a good feeling. I have to tell you, I feel like I've landed..finally.
Clelia said…
I like the composition of this paint. I am not an experts but your work is very good.

Clelia
PAT MEYER -- said…
Just perfect. The sense of calm that this painting captures is very moving. PatMeyerdailypainter.blogspot.com
Tonya said…
Hi Dawn! I like these simple compositions that are elegantly executed which I think is your trademark. Lovely! Hope you are all recovered now. Miss you!

Popular Posts