I bought some pastels..................................................

and..today i played around with them.

wadded up first go....something i really never do..but i couldn't look at it..plus..i didn't know where i would keep it..dust and all.

 second one..here it is - interesting stuff.  i think i may try it again sometime.  have no idea how to apply it..just doing something with it.....taking out of the boxes and applying it to the paper is huge.  i've been thinking about working with this stuff for some time now..but i always felt like i did when i was asked to double dutch jump rope -  'aww come on Dawn..'  it won't hurt...ha.


Girl
approx. 24x18 inches
pastel
Unframed
$65 + shipping



Comments

Amanda Russian said…
It's beautiful...don't know what you were worried about, it looks like you've been using pastels 'forever'.
Thank you Amanda - just apprehensive - new medium - I look forward to doing it again. Actually I had bought 3 boxes of broken mismatched nu-pastels - the 'colors' looked like some I might use..so I bought them - to give it a go. And some soft ones as well, which i didn't use much of. Maybe I'll invest in more :).
new format on your blog? or am I seeing things? liz
yes Liz, pastels, i tried them..fun.dusty, but fun. :)
Darn good job! Don't give up - pastels make the most impressive paintings...
I really love the colors in this. It seems pastel is a perfect extension for you considering your incredible way with charcoal. Sorry I missed your drawing workshop. Would've loved to have time to take it.
AK said…
you do not have to worry about using pastels lady. amazing.
Sandy Byers said…
My oh My, you have met a medium that loves you. Lucky you, lucky pastels!

Popular Posts