Friday, July 17, 2009

Oil On Canvas..Golden Hair


ok..this is the story, this particular model had an incredibly small head..and thats how i painted it the other day. but this afternoon, when i went to the easel it just didn't look right to me..so i repainted it. do you believe me? that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.

sometimes i just cannot paint, or draw..really what it was - was..i was sitting and painting (goofy leg still gives me probs), took her up to my big easel, and stood..ah ha..there..now and i could step back and see my problems..all of them..have a couple of other things to do to her and i'm done.

next.

xox.

took photo outside..
dawn

3 comments:

Double "D" said...

Looks right to me.
I know I have to remember to get up and step back from my drawing board when painting watercolors.
Things get pretty weird without it.
Nice job.

Dawn McKelvy said...

Thank you Doug, sometimes I just let my leg get to me, had an acl replacement, meniscus operation back in march, and it still gets to me..so i sit once in a while. tho its compfy sitting for a while, i pay for it in painting. i'll be back to normal in a few months...that'll be boring huh? :)

Double "D" said...

Hi Dawn,

I just remembered something. During my illustration days, I used a reducing glass to avoid getting up all the time. I still have it, however it's the only one I've ever seen. It works pretty well, but stepping back is still the best. In your case, boring sounds like a major improvement. Hope you're as good as new soon.